Looking at the RSS feed stuff was interesting, I signed up for the blogline thing and even put some subs on my list. It was pretty neat to see how easy the interface was and how you could have a variety of different subjects only a simple click away. I didn't get to explore all of the different parts of it as I just signed up, but once I get around to it I feel I will enjoy it even more. I want to take some time to start shifting through all the available subscriptions and find some ones that I know I would be interested in that didn't fall into my initial choices.
I am curious to find out how far this type of thing will progress, the question becomes, is it so much easier to use these things as compared to just bookmarking your favorite sites and visiting them when you want to? However one of the cool parts of the bloglines is the playlist. So when you have a large amount of feeds you can create lists that conform to whatever subjects or forms of categorization you choose. The major benefit is not even as much getting the feeds for your own stuff but finding out what other people are looking at. By taking a look at other peoples feeds you can see things that you might enjoy but never thought to look for or didn't know about.
The general feel of the feeding concept is that of convenience just like so many other internet ideas are. It is also an interesting example of how new things can come out of other new things. In this case the progression was that news sites started popping up and more and more things moved to the digital arena. The result of this was that many services started to pop up in order to make it easier to use more major sites of news. This is one example, without the breadth and depth of sites out there RSS feeds and sites like bloglines would never be developed.
rev a shelf trash
5 years ago
Good job commenting on the PLAYLISTS feature....
ReplyDeleteMatt, I really hope you are going to get caught up on the Learning 2.0 assignments....
ReplyDeleteMatt - awesome post. The Darth pic is great. John I.
ReplyDelete